Public, private or hybrid: which
cloud model should you choose?
You have critical decisions ahead as you take your first steps into cloud computing.
One of them will be whether to build a private cloud infrastructure in your own data centre, make use of one of the public cloud services offered by vendors like Amazon, Rackspace and HP, or combine the two in a ‘hybrid cloud’ approach.
You can get closer to the right decision by considering the right questions now:
- Budget - How much do you have (or how much don't you have) to support your cloud strategy?
- Speed - When do you need this done? Tomorrow, next year, yesterday...
- Demand - How many users will you need to support? And will they call come at once?
- Resources - What kind of resources do you have in-house? And how many can you realistically get your hands on?
- Privacy -How sensitive is your data? Where are you doing business?
This eBook takes you through the process that points you in the right direction and ensures your investments pay off from the start.
“Ubuntu remains the most popular operating system for OpenStack deployments.”